Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, November 27

It's Raining - No Wait - It's Snowing!!

Last night while watching the news the meteorologists kept warning us about a big storm that was coming our way with chances of snow mixed in. They said our area might receive 0-3". Naturally we didn't pay any attention to it since we NEVER get snow in the Seattle area.

This morning when we woke up it was gloomy out but no rain and definitely no sign of snow. By around 10:30 though the rain had begun and not too long after it alternated between rain and snow. Logan was absolutely fascinated by it - he kept running to the window and pointing to it. After his afternoon nap I took him outside and he wanted to run around but we weren't quite dressed for the occasion. After convincing Mike to join us, all three of us went outside. Logan had a fun time but wasn't too sure about touching the stuff - it was cold!! He pretty much just walked around kicking the snow up. Too cute!

We currently have about 2" covering our lawn - I just hope it's not all gone by the morning. That way Logan can play in it again :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember when we lived in Christchurch and it snowed where we were living which it didnt do very often I got the kids up (they were little) they were a bit too sleepy to joy it but we didnt think it would be there the next day - it was
What an experience for Logan

11/27/2006 1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow is sure fun to play in when you are a kid. When i was kid, we used to build snowforts! That was the best. It helps to have 2 or 3 feet of snow. Of course, as you get older, then it isn't so much fun to do all the shovelling!!!!
Happy Snow Day

11/27/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ahhhh! So fun! I love the snow! And snow over rain ANY time. :D I'll bet it just about shut the city down... lol Where're you guys from originally? In other words, are you used to the snow? I grew up in Kansas City, so it's been weird not to have snow... We've lived in Salt Lake, Denver, and Jonathan's from New York. So Florida and Georgia... Well, you know. :D

I saw Nanny McPhee over Thanksgiving! It was adorable! And I actually saw Polar Express in the theaters--it's an adorable story, too. You won't regret buying them!! :D :D It makes me feel a strong need to go to Target!!!

11/27/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

We have about an inch in our yard too - Claire is on her way out the door as I type this. She wants to play in it! I can picture Logan being fascinated by the cold white stuff! Too cute!

-bm

11/27/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

How pretty!

We actually got a dusting here this morning too, and it is just a balmy 32 degrees!

Hugs,
Becca

11/27/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I don't know why I didn't realize where you were from!!! Of COURSE! That would be why you went back to visit, huh? *sheepish grin* lol

Scooter's down for a nap still. :) We both went down around 11:30, and it's just over two hours for him now. Mmmmmmmmm. I almost don't know what to do with myself and all of this blissful quiet!! :D

11/27/2006 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://mammabear222.spaces.live.com

Snow is highly overrated ;) That being said there is nothing like watching them adorable little ones discover the first snow! They are so precious! I remember when Reed was little and saw his first snow, he instinctively fell to the ground to make snow angels!
~God Bless~

11/27/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I am entirely jealous. We have been waiting for our first snowfall here, and I can't wait to see my little Caleb's reaction. Supposedly tonight we're supposed to get some. I'm crossing my fingers. (Although I have to do lots of driving around tomorrow- it would be just my luck to have to drive around on scary roads!) love the pictures. Happy Monday!

11/27/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger meg said...

How very cool- I love to watch snow(but don't miss living in it!)I remeber the first time Sam saw it snow- he was 10 & stood outside for hours- I had to keep calling him in to thaw out.

11/27/2006 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)