Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, February 20

Activities

This past week Logan started two new activities and he seems to enjoy them both quite a bit. For the next 14 weeks every Wednesday evening he'll be going to Kindermusik. My Mom had taken him to an event at the library last week where there was singing and dancing involved and I guess he had a blast. The next day she called me to see if I had ever heard of Kindermusik - I had. I had looked into it when we lived in WA but at that time Logan was too young to really justify spending that money on the program. Lucky for us my Mom said they would pay for the tuition if we would pay for the classroom materials. I happily agreed because I knew Logan would have a blast. It's a great environment for kids to use their imagination. We were able to take Logan to the class last Wednesday to see if he would enjoy it (as if there were any question!). The kids were just beginning to arrive when we got there. Everyone took a spot on the floor. Logan decided to stay by us at first but before we knew it he was joining the other kids. He had so much fun. The class is only 45 minutes long but he's asked to go back almost every day.

The other activity that we enrolled him in is tennis lessons. But since the class has 3 & 4 year olds it should really just be called "Please-please-please-don't-hit-someone-with-your-racket!" Oh my goodness is it hilarious! Mike & I spent the whole 30 minutes laughing our butts off. You have to hand it to the the two instructors - you have to have a lot of patience with that age group! There are two girls and three boys in the class. Trying to get them all to do the same task is nearly impossible. They started out the class by the instructors being "sharks" and the kids being "minnows". The minnows had to run to the net without getting eaten by a shark. Logan was too preoccupied watching the sharks that he forgot about the net and ended up running right into it. Of course Mike & I busted up laughing but Logan was embarrassed I think. He ran over to us upset but recovered quickly. The rest of the lesson went well. He'll do that for the next 3 Saturdays. There will be another session after that and we'll see about enrolling him in that one.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

wow tennis for 3 and 4 year olds

music and movement classes are neat :)

Jen http://romans1513.wordpress.com/

2/20/2009 1:28 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

MY question is: Are the kids even taller than the net? It's more like volleyball for them...

:) bm

2/21/2009 2:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE that you put him in a tennis class. I really need to start my daughter in it because Jamie loves it. Too cute!

2/21/2009 12:22 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

"Please-please-please-don't-hit-someone-with-your-racket!"

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I would have LOVED to have been there to see all of that--great description of the event! lol

2/24/2009 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)