Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, February 12

Real Food

This past week we began to give Noah some solids. He seems to like them and I think he would get a lot more in his mouth if that pesky tongue would stop getting in the way ;) I find that the best trick is to make him smile his big, gummy grin and then put the spoon in his mouth. I usually leave it in there for a couple of seconds to prevent his tongue from pushing all the food out.

We gave him applesauce at first and now he is working on a jar of peaches. We decided to skip the rice cereal since that stuff is so gross. We do add that to his bottle though to help sustain him between feedings.

I'm noticing that once again I'm not nearly as stressed out this time around when it comes to feeding. And I am following the advice of his pediatrician, he'll let us know when he's ready for solids. He won't take a bottle forever but let him do it in his own time!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtg Noah
lovely photo of the two of you
your a wise and clever mom
and its good that things dont stress you out so much

2/12/2009 2:01 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Isn't it so much easier the second time around?? Emily will be so much more normal than Scott!! *laughing*

That picture of the two of you is so cute!! Is Noah a little cross-eyed still? He looks a little sleepy. ;)

Thanks for the vine empathy-I don't remember reading about your vine issues though! It makes me mad that they snap apart because it makes it so I can't pull them out from the root!! I think I need to get the ground wet (rain tonight!) and buy some overshoes and go to it! Although I've done much of the work already... :)

2/13/2009 2:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What? Solids already? Is it just me or is this going waaaaay too fast?

2/15/2009 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tongue thrust reflex indicates that a baby isn't yet ready for solids. You may want to back off and wait a bit and try again.

2/15/2009 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)