Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, March 27

Moron!

That is how I feel right now. As noted on my sidebar I completely burnt my hand yesterday with some cooking oil. Yesterday I was fixing lunch and decided to make a couple of cheese sticks. They were cooking and looking yummy as ever. As they finished I began to get them out of the oil with tongs. I grabbed the first one and then decided "what the heck, I'll grab the last two out together". That was a HUGE mistake. I picked them up and of course they slipped out of the grasp of the tongs and fell back into the still HOT oil. And it splashed up onto my right hand. I am very impressed that I didn't start swearing like a sailor at that point. My hand instantly turned red but didn't hurt right away. Logan & I ate our lunch and went downstairs. And that is when the throbbing began. Oh my goodness did it hurt! I grabbed a bag of frozen peas and that seemed to help for a while. Then I switched to some ice water - that really helped but I was worried I would get frostbite. I put some aloe vera on it and also some neosporin and continued to soak it off & on for about another 3 hours. After that point it finally stopped throbbing.

Last night at work it was still a little tender but not bad. They had some burn spray in the first aid kit there, that felt really good. This morning I woke up and didn't notice any pain at all but once I got in the shower and had warm water hit it it began hurting again. I guess I won't be doing dishes for a couple of days!

My hand is still red, mainly on my index finger on down towards my wrist. I also have two good sized blisters, but at least it's not throbbing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

praying you fell better soon
we have to be so careful when we are cooking
I burnt myself badly when i was preggy with Our Little Man sure learnt a lesson that day
Jen

3/27/2008 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better!

I love the "work" story! Carl's new thing is he runs around with his Leappad in an old briefcase, calls it his laptop and pulls it out to work on his Phd - on puppies and bunnies.

3/27/2008 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your hand!!

3/28/2008 5:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Tanya, I am so sorry and hope it heals quickly! I had a huge cyst on my finger before I had Hadley and it was soooo painful to deal with during labor. Of course, you're a ways out for that!

3/29/2008 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)