Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, January 20

I Miss Her Every Day

My Grandma would have been 73 today. She passed away on December 9th, 1995 - I was a senior in high school, and I still think about her everyday. And since Logan has been born I think I miss her even more. I know she would be calling me all the time to see how he's doing. I even think she would have bought a computer so that I could email her pictures of him. I was definitely spoiled by my Grandma, I was the oldest of only 5 grandchildren and I was the only girl. Our birthdays were only 2 days apart - she always said I was an early birthday present for her. She babysat me from the time I was a little baby until I started school - my Mom once told me that my Dad would dress me up like a tomboy in bibs and a t-shirt but when they would pick me up from Grandma's house I would have a dress on (usually a new one). I loved going to Bismarck with her because I knew I would always get something new and we would usually eat at either Red Lobster (Grandma loved her lobster) or KFC.
When I was 15 (I think) I took the test to get my permit. I didn't pass it until the third time (I guess I should have studied the first 2 times huh?). Well the second time my Grandma took me down to Bis to take the test. When I came out and I told her that I had flunked it she took me shopping to cheer me up! I think she bought me at least 3 outfits that day!!
My Grandma was one of the best cooks - I loved spending the night at her house because I knew the next morning I would get to pick what I wanted for breakfast - eggs, toast, bacon, waffles, pancakes, whatever. She made the best fried chicken and macaroni shrimp salad! And her Knoefla Soup could not be beat! I wish she had been around for just a little longer so I could have gotten all of her recipes! My Mom makes her popcorn balls every once in awhile and they make me think of Halloween. Grandma would make popcorn balls to hand out to all the kids - she must have made at least 100 of them!! My Grandma also had the most infectious laugh - she was a short little woman and when she laughed her whole body would shake.
If your Grandma is still around I hope you appreciate her very much. I am lucky enough to still have my other Grandma around - I love spending time with her. I don't call her as often as I should but I do send her cards every once in awhile with recent pics. of Logan in there for her & Grandpa to look at. I wish we lived closer so I could see them more often to play cards with them and have her cooking even more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)