Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, December 15

Welcome to Our Home

Hello there! Don't you just love our pirate ship? We are ALL about pirates around here! Need proof? Just read this.
Are you back? Might as well come in and have a look around. See the wreath? I made that myself - pretty impressive huh? I guess I should probably mention that I worked at Michael's at the time and had the floral designer coach me through it. Bygones :)
This is one of my Nativity sets - I do have a more traditional one but I do love my snowmen!!
Don't you just love that poinsettia? I bought that one at Sam's Club - it was a steal at $16.88!! And that cute snowman is from Lowe's - he is simply adorable!

Here are the most adorable people in the world. Logan (on the left) is 3 and Noah is 3 months old. They keep me very busy! Noah is having tubes put in his ears on Wednesday morning - we are praying that the surgery will help with his hearing.

The last pictures show some of the snowmen that are scattered throughout the house. I am trying to resist buying some for the next couple years. Maybe I'll try to get some more Santa's. We'll see ;)

Don't you love the "extra" decoration in the above photo - do you see it?

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll leave you with one of my favorite and super simple recipes.

Cream Cheese Cookies

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened

1 box cake mix (any flavor, our favorite is strawberry)

1 egg yolk

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/4 tsp. almond or vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375*. Roll dough into 1" balls - place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Let cool and try not to eat them all in one night!

If you would like to share your home or view the homes of others on the tour just follow this link:

BooMamaChristmasTour

Ok - I can't let you go without showing you the latest video of Logan. This was taken Sunday morning. As some of you might know we have been hit with a massive snowstorm (our high temp today was -9* without windchill....NEGATIVE 9*!!). It was so bad that they didn't even open the bookstore that I work at. I don't think that has ever happened. Listen to how he says blizzard - too funny!

Don't forget to sign the guestbook on your way out!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Dena said...

Love the "lizard". My son used to say that too. Too cute. I also love all your snowmen and Christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing your home and your beautiful children. :)

12/15/2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Everything is so pretty. And your kids are so cute!! I enjoyed touring. Come and visit me at my house (blog)!

12/15/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger Melodie Norman Haas said...

Kids come out with some of the funniest stuff to say and pronounce. My youngest nephew has been meshing all the christmas carols together and adding words ha ha. Thanks for sharing!

12/15/2008 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your cute home with us! THat snowman nativity set
is so cute!
blessings
mary

12/15/2008 2:54 PM  
Blogger Nise' said...

Love that chair that Noah is sitting in! Cute snowmans.

12/15/2008 5:30 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

LOVE the ship
I wonder though how many children will really wonder at that though
at play group this morning I displayed a group of pictures I had found of Santa and one was in a row boat
one boy was very puzzled as to where the reindeer were LOL :)

Jen

12/15/2008 5:34 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

mind you I see Santa has thoughtfully got a few on board with him in yours :)

12/15/2008 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the snowmen.

12/15/2008 10:02 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

You have a great collections of snowmen, but that "piles of smiles" one takes the cake!!! Love it.

Merry Christmas

12/16/2008 2:39 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Very, very cute:). I love the snowmen sprinkled throughout your house... Merry Christmas!

12/16/2008 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute decor, adorable kids. Hope your lizzard is over.

Stay warm

Kathy b

12/16/2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger the voice of melody said...

You did a great job with your wreath! It looks beautiful. :)

12/16/2008 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try the cookie recipe.
Merry Christmas!

Stillwater,OK

12/19/2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger phillips phamily said...

Thanks for sharing your home with us! Can't go wrong with a recipe that calls for cream cheese...

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

12/19/2008 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)