Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, December 5

Brainwashing at its Best!

We have recently discovered that Logan is completely gullible. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he is only three *sarcastic grin*. A couple of weeks ago Logan ate a grilled cheese sandwich while at daycare - he had never eaten one before. Then, a little more recently while at daycare, he ate some chicken noodle soup with tomatoes. LiAnne's secret? She told him that all he had to do was taste it and then he could get down from the table. Apparently after he tasted it he realized that he liked it and proceeded to eat all of it!

So, the other night I made meatloaf and I was determined that Logan would try it. I just knew if I could get him to eat a bite he would realize that it wasn't too bad. When we called him to the table I put some broccoli on his plate (which I knew he would eat) and then Mike put a slice of meatloaf on his plate. Logan looked at it questioningly and asked what it was. I told him if he ate it he would be like a pirate. Mike then began to call it "pirate loaf". We each took a bite of ours and said "Arghh!!" afterwards. Guess what?? It completely worked!! Logan took a bite and seemed to enjoy it. He ate 2 slices of meatloaf that night. I'm sure this won't work all the time but I think if we continue to try it with foods that we are almost positive he will like, it's worth a shot!

*And yes, I love the fact that I am able to outsmart a 3 year old!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think that would work with a 16 year old? Because I still get *the look*, the one that says, suspiciously, "Are you trying to serve me poison?"

12/05/2008 9:46 AM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

lol good you both
its so good to make meal times a fun time :)

Jen

12/05/2008 1:08 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

Ok, so this is weird. I just wrote "Arrgh" on my blog too. I want to become the next Dread Pirate Roberts. ;)

3 is a hard age for new food. They know that some things taste good and other things don't.

-bm

12/07/2008 3:04 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

You are THE MOST AMAZING SHOPPER OF ALL TIME! I can't believe the deals you get! But I know you work hard for it, so I try not to be jealous. ;)

Scooter won't generally even take a BITE. He'll stay hungry for a long time because I don't give in and give him alternate food. :D

12/07/2008 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)