Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, September 6

I'm a Shoplifter!!

There my secret is out - I shoplifted on Saturday - while Logan was with me. And I didn't get caught!!

Ok - I need to clarify.

Since we were driving to Lewiston it was easier for us to tag along with Mike down to school. He had a final on Saturday so we dropped him off and then headed to the Supermall (yes, that's the name of it!). There wasn't anything that we needed to buy but there wasn't really anything else to do while we were waiting. We got to the mall and I remembered that I did want to find a new pair of sandals for Logan. (His toes are hanging over the edge of the ones he wears now) We stopped in every shoe store there and then came to Payless. We went in and they had a pretty good selection of shoes for toddlers. I tried a couple on him but there was no way I was paying $12.99 for a pair of sandals that he might wear for a month or two before the rain begins. I found a pair of knock-off Crocs for him to try on just for fun. They were so cute! They were camoflouged and they looked adorable on him. I didn't buy them for him though since I knew Mike would kill me. We left the store empty handed and proceeded to go to a couple of other stores. While walking through Burlington Coat Factory I looked down at the stroller and sitting on top of the shade was one of the crocs! I could not believe that I had shoplifted a shoe. See I didn't even do it right - I only stole one! What good is that going to do?? We went back to Payless and I returned the shoe. The really sad thing though - the salelady didn't even notice me leave with it and she didn't even notice us come back in the store.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Should have got those knock-off Crocs. My mom bought Haddie some and they are THE BEST! She can put them on herself and it doesn't matter how dirty or wet she gets them!

9/06/2006 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those shoes are awesome, I would ahve went for it, see you can use the justification that Logan is the first born and any other kids you have can wear them too!!!!

I have walked out with a few things in my day as well, without even knowing it, only thing is I am too embarassed to go back in :(

I miss you, I made my space private for some family issues that were going on so if you have trouble getting in, please just send me a request and I will let you in :)

9/06/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

17 days! Yes!

I love your single stolen shoe story. It's rather Cinderella like when she leaves behind just one slipper. :)

-bm

9/07/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

THAT'S HILARIOUS!! I "shoplifted" a couple of months back... I found some great black socks I needed and liked, and instead of paying for them, I went right on browsing... I was several stores down before I spotted the theived socks!!! lol!! I went back and confessed my "crime" to the girl... "I am SOOOO sorry! I SHOPLIFTED!" She looked at me like she was trying to decide whether or not to call security... I blushed deeply and went to get into the cashier's line... I don't think she would have noticed, either, had I not been so... um, obvious?

Don't worry about being kicked out!!! Never! I just did a couple of dumb things that I *think* are fixed now... lol Did you get the first installment of the music? If you are ready/willing, I'll send the next installment as soon as I get word... that way you're actually getting your prize!! :D

9/07/2006 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know everyone's going NUTS over those Vrocs but I happen to think they are the UGLIEST shoe EVER invented! Matter of fact, if I knew who the culprit was, I'd probably shoot him (or her) myself! But I bet it's a him!! LMAO!! I must admit that camo ones sound kinda cool...but I still couldn't bring myself to put some on Laine!!

HUGS!! :)

Alicia

9/07/2006 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was too funny - I think Carl has done the same thing, though he has now gotten really good at giving the product to the salesperson when we check out.

I did have to go back with some socks at Babys R US once....

That mall looks great - I will have to visit it on the next trip to Seattle. Someday...

Have a great weekend.

9/10/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

Too much! I had a hard time finding sandals just two weeks ago but found a cute pair at Wally-world. It's awesome that you were good and returned the shoe. Not everyone would!

FTMo2

9/11/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)