Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, September 5

6-22-6

Six hours, a twenty-two hour visit, and then another six hour drive - that's how our weekend was spent. We drove over to Lewiston, ID to visit some of Mike's family. It was his uncle's 50th birthday. All in all the trip was pretty good - it was a long drive on a VERY boring road. The first 30 miles or so were neat because I have never seen so many apple, peach, pear, and grape orchards. We kept joking that we were going to stop the car, pop the trunk, and fill it up as much as we could without getting caught!

For some reason the trip completely wore me out! We got home Sunday night around 10:30. Monday I woke up and I was just beat - Logan went down for a nap around 11:30 and about an hour later I did the same. I slept for 2 1/2 hours!! I felt so much better but the day was pretty much wasted. Oh well, tomorrow everything will be back to normal right?

On the way home we stopped at a couple of produce stands and we now have a 10# box of peaches and another of pears. Mike's Unlce's girlfriend Karen also sent us home with some tomatoes and pears. I plan on making some salsa with the tomatoes and am thinking about trying to make some peach salsa. The pears though I'm not sure what to do with - maybe pear butter. So I need some help----does anyone have some suggestions for what to make with them? There's only so much fresh fruit we can eat, ya know??

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun, but exhausting trip to Idaho. I always love road trips, but being in the car that much with kids sure exhausts me! My Mom used to can pears and we always looked forward to eating them as a treat throughout the winter. I'm not sure how hard it is to peel them, or can them, but it's a suggestion! Hope things are back to normal for you today.

MommyJ

9/05/2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

That is quite a bit of fresh fruit? Maybe you could 'fosilize' some of them for bowling implements for Logan? :)~ I am not a great cook so no spectacular ideas from here on taht one! Sounds like quite a tiring weekend indeed!

Tata;
FTMo2

9/05/2006 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)