Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, April 3

The Hunt is On!

On Sunday Logan got to participate in his very first Easter egg hunt. One of my Mom & Dad's neighbors puts one on every year. They hid about 600 eggs throughout the backyards and there were about 25 kids who participated. We should have practiced with Logan though on what to do. When the egg hunt started he wasn't quite sure what to do. It was mass chaos since kids were running around and screaming while picking up the eggs. I think Logan would have been content to just watch all the other kids. Luckily though he had me, Mike, and my Dad to "coach" him and show him what to do. At first he just wanted to hold one egg and shake it. But once I showed him they go in the bucket I think he finally got the hang of it. He ended up grabbing about 20 eggs (not bad for the first time).

Once all the eggs were gathered we went over to the neighbor's garage where there were more toys to pick from. Each of the kids got to pick a "special" egg that had a number in it (1-25). The number the child picked determined what order they got to pick a toy from the table (Logan's number was 16). There were all kinds of toys - water noodles, hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, water balloons, bath crayons, beach balls, etc.

By this time Logan was more interested in just playing with the plastic eggs so Mike & I picked out the toys for him. He got big sand bucket and shovel to play with and we picked out a gun that shoots foam rings out of it. The gun is a little hard for him to pull the trigger on but he loves the bucket. He will sit and dump his eggs out of the bucket and then proceed to use the shovel to put the eggs back in the bucket. I think once summer finally arrives I'll have a little gardener to help me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh! I'm so exited for Easter, we're going to a little Easter Egg Hunt too. I'm glad Logan got the hang of it... I was worried Jack might be too young. I love Logan's hair cut, I'm so glad his curls stayed through it :)

4/03/2007 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun
they like to put things into containers at this age dont they :)

4/03/2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

600 eggs?! Holy schamole! That's a lot. Sounds super fun though - love the pics of L as always. He's such a cute kid. Hope you guys have a great week and Easter!

-bm

4/03/2007 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time! We wanted to do an egg hunt, but it suddenly got cold here, so....maybe an indoor one. Grandma brought Charis some eggs with little "hello kitty"s dressed as bunnies. Charis loves them!

Hope your easter is wonderful!

4/03/2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

I can't wait to try Easter Egg hunting with Logan on Sunday. We'll just do something small for our family and what not - :)

Hang in there with the house hunting! You should be in our area!!! We have nearly 700+ for sale and NOTHING is selling. You could take your pick!

4/04/2007 7:07 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Sounds like you had an absolute blast! I can't believe that Easter is almost here already!

Hugs to Logan and all of you!

4/04/2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Look at those cute little-boy-with-a-haircut pictures!!! Love it! I love the idea of an apartment--you're wise to wait for the "right" house. :) xoxo

4/04/2007 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)