Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, October 16

Do You CVS?

I have a new addiction and trust me, it's not a bad one!! Are you a CVSer? I just recently started shopping there weekly and I am completely addicted to it! I think the addiction really started when I paid a whopping 9 cents for a 44 pack of size 1 Huggies diapers and a bag of Chex mix. I saved that much by using a CVS coupon for Huggies, a Huggies manufactured coupon, a coupon for Chex that made them absolutely free and $4 in ExtraCare bucks (ECB's). Last week I went there and my subtotal was $23.72 - after my coupons and ECB's I paid $9.72. I saved over $14!! On top of those savings I received all of this:

-$11.48 in ECB's
-a coupon for a $25 g.c. with a new or transferred prescription
-save $5 off a $25 purchase
-save $3 on Excedrin
-save $1 on Children's tylenol

I'll be able to use all of these coupons on some of my next shopping trips there which is awesome! They were out of one of the items I wanted to purchase so once I buy that I'll get another $4 in ECB's. If you're interested in learning how to be a CVSer here are some sites you should check out:

I heart CVS
Mommy Making Money
My Precious Pennies
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

These websites are great about giving scenarios that help you earn the most ECB's possible and save the most money. Some of them even have previews of the upcoming ad so you can plan ahead and combine coupons and ECB's to save even more.

It took a couple of weeks for me to get the hang of all of it, but now it is really starting to pay off. I highly recommend you check out these sites if you live close to a CVS!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

WOW!!! We totally have CVSes around here! I'll have to take a look!!!

10/17/2008 1:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

wow. I've never heard of CVS. But sounds like I am missing out!

10/17/2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Hey Tanya! I'm a huge CVSer and I saw your post about the 3/15 from last month. If you still have the excel sheet could you email it to me? My CVS accepts expired coupons but I forgot to save the PDF and now it's not listed anymore.

Thanks!

brandyu@gmail.com

10/18/2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've read on some other blogs about CVSing...we don't have one near us so I can't try it out - it sounds so time cosuming and confusing figuring all those best deals out etc LOL But I guess once you get used to it then it gets easier!

11/08/2008 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)