We think we might have figured out why Logan was the king of all grumps last week. He got some new molars in. I had noticed that his cheek was very red and at first we thought it was a rash. Every time he touched it he would say "Ow". We encouraged him to stop touching and rubbing it so that it would go away. He also barely had an appetite and preferred just to drink liquids or eat fruit. Last Thursday or Friday I had him open his mouth and noticed that two teeth on the bottom in the back were attempting to break through. By that time I could almost see the whole tooth. I'm hoping that's why he wasn't sleeping, eating, or being his normal self. For the last couple of days he's been waking up in a good mood and he's been eating again.
Here are some of the latest things that he's saying:
- "Whatcha donin Pooh Bear?" – He says this to the dog about 10 times a day.
- "Last time" – said consistently when it's nap time and he's playing with his train or watching the Backyardigans
- "That was AWESOME!" – said on Saturday after we rode the train at the zoo and now repeated whenever someone asks him how the train ride was.
- "oh mo goodniff safe" – Logan's way of saying oh for goodness sakes. He picked this up from the Backyardigans.
- "kewel" – Cool
- "That one's fast" – all of his cars, trucks, and trains go fast. And when he says fast he draws it out and makes his voice very deep.
Last one – today while Logan was eating lunch he said hi to Pooh Bear. Of course Pooh just looked at him. Logan looked at me and said, "Pooh Bear can't talk." Cracked me right up!!