This month it is ALL about pumpkin & spice - enjoy!!
This cheesecake is so, so yummy. The recipe calls for a lot of ingredients but most of them are spices - it is definitely worth trying!
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 25 cookies)
4 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1. Heat oven to 350* F. In small bowl, combine butter and cookie crumbs; mix well. Press in bottom of 9" springform pan.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 Tbsp. of the cornstarch until smooth. Add sour cream, salt and vanilla; mix well. Ad eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Place 3 1/2 cups batter in medium bowl; add lemon juice. Mix thouroughly; set aside.
4. To remaining batter in larg bowl, add 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and all remaining ingredients; beat well. Set aside 1 cup of the pumpkin batter.
5. Pour half of vanilla batter (1 3/4 cups) into crust. Top with 2 cups pumpkin batter, remaining half of vanilla batter and reserved 1 cup pumpkin batter. Swirl batters with knife.
6. Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours or until filling is almost set in center. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour. Run knife around edge of pan. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate remaining cheesecake.
Autumn Spice Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. each: ground cloves, ginger, cinnamon, salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup molasses
Heat oven to 375*. Sift together flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside. Beat butter & 1 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer on high for 1 minute (until light). Add egg and molasses and mix well. Add flour mixture and blend until just combined. Using about 1 1/2 tsp. dough for each, roll into balls. Roll in the remaining sugar to fully coat. Arrange on baking sheet 2" apart. Bake until set (9-10 min). Cool on wire rack.
*Make sure dough is chilled so that the cookies do not go flat.
I just made this tonight - it turned out so yummy and was simple to make.
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Combine all ingredients in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Pack in sterilized, airtight jars. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
**Reminder - only 39 days left to order your Santa letter
More info. available HERE